11/7/08

Just Chillin_first day home


About July 16 2008, we had been visiting Marybeth. She knew of the disappearance of our Greeley, and mentioned that she and Fitz had seen a cat that looked just like Greeley over at Pet Smart in Park Meadows. We decided to stop in just to take a look, not intending to take in another pet for awhile, but as fate would have it, we were smitten and ended up bringing 2-yr. old "Oscar" home with us, whom re renamed Reagan. What a lovely little cat. We marveled at how well he traveled and didn't seem the least bit worried or fearful during the long drive home. We even left the box open on my lap and watched him as he perched his front paws on the edge of the box to watch the scenery rolling by and stare at his new owners. He didn't cower nor try to jump out of the box. What a love! The moment we got home and released him from the box, He explored the upper house , introduced himself to our other new kitty,and promptly went downstairs. A few minutes later, Bob went to find him and see how he was aclimating. He called me to come see Reagan and quick, bring the camera. When I got to the bathroom, this is what I saw: Reagan "nested" in the sink! He looked so cute and I snapped this picture before he decided to jump down and continue his exploration. I'm so glad I got this shot, because he never perched in a sink again, but it has become my favorite photo of him.